• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grommet size for ACM

Pideas

I have a grommet machine that I use for my banners and 4mm coroplast. The same #2 3/8" grommets do not fit well onto ACM. What kind of grommets can I use for 3mm ACM boards where I can use my same grommet press.
When we try it with our existing grommet press, the grommets do not fit securely and fall off.

Thanks.

weyandsign

I'm not sure how your machine works. I would imagine. I use the hand setting tool made by the same company to set them.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We use the same grommet setter and grommets for ACM that we use for banners and any other substrate (coro, foamcore, ultraboard...).
ETA - we haven't had any problems with the grommets not getting secure enough and fall off. We do typically drill the ACM boards first - maybe that makes a difference?

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you're talking about 3mm, use the long necks/throats. They'll do it every time and they fit the same die as the shorter ones.

2B

have you adjusted the press?

we have used standard #2 self-piercing with ACM 3mm, adjusted the press depth and it works just fine

Pideas

I don't think we've ever adjusted the depth. We have a Sooper Ace grommet machine. We also have a hand punch one.

-Thanks Gino. I will look into the long neck grommets as well.