• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grommets/Eyelets

JLD984

Hi, I'm after any tips on putting grommets in coroplast signs, I've got 800 to do and last time I did it it took forever. Any help appreciated.

Biker Scout

Yes, I've done this before too. Here's what you do to make it go faster. Bolt your grommet punch to a table, and then build up a work surface table that is as high as the lower grommet die. Make this table twice as large (wide) as the signs you will be punching. If you have a bunch of 24" x18" signs, the table doesn't really need to be any deeper than the 18" measurement. But it should be about 52" wide so you can place the stop blocks. and still have room to slide the sign back and forth. With stop blocks on both sides you can slap a sign down on the table and slide it corner to corner, side to side and they will always be in the same place.

Then I later upgraded to a pneumatic grommet press I picked up at a sign show for pretty cheap! That was the best purchase I had ever made. Next one I'd like to get is an automatic grommet punch. Just load up the two hoppers with top and bottom grommets. All you gotta do is hit the foot pedal!

JLD984

Thanks, last time I just used a stack of the signs to build it up to the right level but hadn't thought of bolting the punch to the table or using stop blocks to get each grommet in the same position, good ideas.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Hi, I'm after any tips on putting grommets in coroplast signs, I've got 800 to do and last time I did it it took forever. Any help appreciated.

We have several fully automatic grommet machinea (#2 or #3) in stock from California. Thickness of punch is adjustable. Send us a sample of the coroplast and we'll put a few grommets on for you and send them back. I will send you a pm now for the pricing includes 10,000 eyelets and freight charge. It is estimated 40-45 eyelets per minute if you can rotate the material fast enough. No need of AIR, just plain 110v out of box ready to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hj-ClUg1lc

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Yes, I've done this before too. Here's what you do to make it go faster. Bolt your grommet punch to a table, and then build up a work surface table that is as high as the lower grommet die. Make this table twice as large (wide) as the signs you will be punching. If you have a bunch of 24" x18" signs, the table doesn't really need to be any deeper than the 18" measurement. But it should be about 52" wide so you can place the stop blocks. and still have room to slide the sign back and forth. With stop blocks on both sides you can slap a sign down on the table and slide it corner to corner, side to side and they will always be in the same place.

Then I later upgraded to a pneumatic grommet press I picked up at a sign show for pretty cheap! That was the best purchase I had ever made. Next one I'd like to get is an automatic grommet punch. Just load up the two hoppers with top and bottom grommets. All you gotta do is hit the foot pedal!

Hit the foot pedal! Let me know when you're ready. I will make sure to give you a good deal.

Last edited:

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

+1

Tom Dalton

Are you using a press with self-piercing grommets ?

I don't know if it is faster, but there are grommet alternatives like the banner-ups that also work with 4mm coroplast, but you'd still need to punch the holes.

The "jig" idea is always a time saver.

-Tom