• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grouping and ungrouping

autoexebat

As the picture shows I'm trying to group the red selections so I can rotate them / move them around so I can use the least amount of space when I print it .

I can't figure out how to do this as there is probably 10 layers for each section .

If anyone could help it would be great .

Thanks

Attachments

• how.jpg
    how.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 117

tsgstl

first move the little piece in the center out of the way
then hold the control button down as you use the selection window to capture the selection in red
the control button will only grab what you completely surround with your selection window
might as well group them when they are selected so it makes it easier if you need to move them again

Billct2

I searched for a solution for this issue and found some threads in a corel forum that showed how to do it with the color docker.
I didn't bookmark it and I don't remember how it worked, but if you search there is a way.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hold the "Alt" key and drag(left click & hold) across just what you want selected. This makes it temporarily act like the extremely irritating border crossing Illustrator selection tool.
Shift + Alt will allow you to add to the selection without picking up unwanted bits.

wayne k
guam usa

tsgstl

My apologies, didn't see this was in the Corel forum. Not used to the new forum layout yet.

d fleming

to add or subtract anything from a group hold down on the shift button and click on object, to group control+g, to ungroup control+u

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Don't use layers in CorelDRAW? Um, why not?

If you have an especially complicated design what advantage is there in keeping it all crammed into the same layer?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Don't use layers in CorelDRAW? Um, why not?

If you have an especially complicated design what advantage is there in keeping it all crammed into the same layer?

Other than having the ability to visually turn on and off a layer there is really no reason to ever use more than one.

In Corel, and most everywhere else, an image is necessarily an ordered collection of objects. Other than lacking the ability to choose to display or not display an object, what can you do with layers that you cannot do with a stack of individual objects? Even better, I can group and ungroup objects and deal with a group as a single object, with layers not so much.

Crammed? Objects are seldom claustrophobic.

Layers in Corel just add needless complexity. Usually to something that desperately doesn't need it.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
For certain graphics effects I'll have identical complex objects stacked on top of each other, but isolated on their own layers. They stay more organized that way and are far more quickly locked or hidden from view. The hierarchy list in Object Manager is convenient. You can get by with only using that to select certain objects. But I find it far faster/easier to do when I don't have everything stacked in one layer creating a really long object list.