• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Growing my business

HulkSmash

What budget should i have in mind to get everything i need to get into sandblasting. Right now this is purely research, and im not going to pretend to know all about it. I know quite a bit, but not enough. I'm looking into hiring someone who will solely do routed / dimensional signs. I outsource so much dimensional signage that it's time i do it myself.
I want to do it the right way - lets make a list :smile: thanks again

signmeup

Sandblasting sucks. It's really nasty. You'll get sand stuck in places you didn't know you had. I hate doing it. Especially if it's hot. I'd sub it out if I could. Buy a router instead.

HulkSmash

Sandblasting sucks. It's really nasty. You'll get sand stuck in places you didn't know you had. I hate doing it. Especially if it's hot. I'd sub it out if I could. Buy a router instead.

Getting a fully loaded multicam specifically for doing dimensional signage.

Mosh

I have a tips blaster. The pot was $1500, the compressor to run it was $2,000. Then I have another lot of cash in the air supply hood (not to be confused with the band) and extra tips to run it. Then I use Black Diamond media, that is not cheap. So all in all $5K to $10K to start up to do it right...

SignManiac

I do both, routed and blasted. There's a lot more involved than just running machines. Finishing can get involved along with some creative engineering. It's a long learning curve. Be prepared for quite an education.

CheapVehicleWrap

TIP pressure pot rule! they don't sell em anymore. Not your harbor blaster.
My blast cabinet was $8500 with vac and double sides. I have a smaller one for bead blasting small parts.

HulkSmash

I do both, routed and blasted. There's a lot more involved than just running machines. Finishing can get involved along with some creative engineering. It's a long learning curve. Be prepared for quite an education.

I know Maniac,
I love doing the finishing work. Getting a spray booth, i got the capital this year to grow more, and im buying a ton of new toys :)

SignManiac

Colorado, enjoy the new direction. It can never hurt to be diversified plus it helps with keeping things interesting. I would go out of my mind again if I had to one thing day in and day out. Variety is the spice of life!