• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grrr.

Mainframe

I noticed something when I handle media, vinyl & banner material, when I only had a cutter, I would put my big paw prints all over the rolls & do what ever I wanted with them. now that I have a printer, I can't touch the rolls at all with my hands, even if i just washed them, also I used to use some 2" transfer tape to hold the rolls together, but now no matter what I do after I use the tape, I get a flaw in the print. NO MATTER what I clean the vinyl or banner material with, now I have to put the tape on the ends & use paper towels to handle the rolls, just something I noticed.

Malkin

Mainframe: I find that the white cotton gloves (offered by Fellers & others) are pretty useful in regards to material handling.

mark in tx

the white cotton gloves (offered by Fellers & others)

If you have an asian grocery nearby, they often have real thick cotton mesh gloves dirt cheap.

Hey, I printed a 25' banner once... and found out I had only 23' on that roll

Print the last 3 feet and get it sewn on.

Bly

Don't you guys use the printers measurement?
My soljets and HP5500s keep track of length, I always write it on the roll before unloading.