• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GRRRRR I hate banner vinyl...

ICEdesign

We have been using grimco's key banner also but lately we must have received a bad batch. Seems as though everything we print on it is very faded. The blacks are like JET black and all the colors seem faded. You can actually see a different in the vinyl from the old to the new. The old is much glossier and smoother and the new stuff seems much more textured and matte. Curious if anyone is experiencing this problem? We had to send back 3 rolls and got new ones and 1 of those was a bad roll. Plus if you check the lot number, its the date they were made im assuming and we keep getting mixes of lot numbers for months apart. Been kind of disappointed in them lately. Hope to hear more feedback about them though.

omgsideburns

Key.

...but my printer prints on anything.

and I will say they Key material has been putting off a bit more fuzz on the edges than normal.

robr

last 3 rolls of key 13oz banners from grimco doing the same thing. all from the same lot 20090710 made in korea. grimco told me they take care of me.

joshuamalachi

You can also try Peak banner from feller's....it's actually the same thing. When they put it in the new catalogs, it was key, they had to change the name on it, my new catalogs have a sticker across it.

guess grimco didn't like them calling it the same thing. My only gripe is I can only order 38" and 54", I'd like a 24 - 25" option too, to keep everything consistent

ICEdesign

last 3 rolls of key 13oz banners from grimco doing the same thing. all from the same lot 20090710 made in korea. grimco told me they take care of me.

wow..yeah we had the same problems with THAT lot number. They replaced them for us BUT we had to print on 2 of the rolls since we didnt have any other choice. Now our 38" rolls with lot number 20090814 is having those same kinda issue but we have some weird like stretch marks on some areas of the print. Almost like someone took a cotton swab and went across the area and a residue was left over and it just prints funny over that area. Just lots of small marks here and there. And the same issue is on the 54" as well. :doh:

LenXIII

Well I took your advice and went with Grimco, but I'm not happy. It wasn't made in the USA like someone said, it was made in Korea. Looking at the banner straight on it looks fine, but at any angle I can see like streaks or something, its hard to explain. The ink sits on them fine, but from an angle they look like scratches or something. I don't really know whats up with it.

As for the person that mentione PEAK, that stuff is garbage IMO. It is made in china I thought, meaning it can't be the same as KEY if its made in korea?? Im not possitive on these facts, but I know that Peak is the same stuff that Sign supply uses for their house brand, and just about every other vendor out there uses. It comes in a tube with red or tan colored tape across the top and a crapload of horrible staples to hold it shut.

B Snyder

Made in Korea isn't necessarily a bad thing. LG, being a Korean company, probably makes their banner media in Korea. I have never received a bad roll of LG Bannux material in the 2 years I've been buying it. It comes in a proper box too, not a tube with 84 staples.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Man up and spend the money for good material. You want good banner you gotta go European period. Its double the price no doubt but its the best on the market, or try the super smooths from Ultraflex.

Its pretty simple though: You get what you pay for!

Mosh

It is an f'n banner, I think you are expecting too much....don't offer banners if you don't like the material, I am sure kinco's or wal-mart would be happy to have the biz you don't want.

Rooster

Here in Canada I was using ND's house brand of 13 oz super smooth double sided and is was great stuff, but they've been back-ordered for months now. It wasn't the cheapest, but it was close to it and worth the couple of nickles a square foot extra.

Since then I've tried LG Bannux which was terrible. It just does not respond well at all to the heaters. The print surface is as good as the ND stuff was, but the buckling issues have been atrocious. I have a local guy who imports some chinese stuff. It's the cheapest stuff I've tried and it takes the heat like a champ, but the issues of pre-scratched prints and random areas of ink-ghosting leave me wanting to try another brand. No complaints from customers (yet), but it's not up to my quality standards either. Some rolls have been better than others, so it's obviously a quality product that just suffers from poor quality control.

newyork

Sign warehouse has a good selection and each product has a color chart to show you which works best with what type of ink. I have a Rolands versacam and everything I've bought from them works great. If you decide to try them ask for David Busick he knows his stuff.

Malkin

As a result of this thread, I have some Key banner coming Monday. I'll post my opinion in case anyone cares. :rolleyes:

customcreations

Never had a problem with key. It used to be sold under the name jetflex I think. They were a middle man deal and key went straight selling.--Phillip

Key, Ultra flex Jetflex and all the other knock off banner is made in the same Korean factory.

The MFG in Korea is Starflex..... If you want 13 oz banner in the same price range it all comes from Starflex no matter what name it is imported under...