• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS 15 plus Die Cut

Tel

Hi
We have a GS 15 plus which we use along with a gerber Edge, I am using composer. Everything works well and I am quite used to the set-up. I have read that the gerber can do a die cut i.e cut through both vinyl and backing paper but have never had the need to do this. The other day I was doing a repeat job for a regular customer when the computer froze for a while, just at the point I was going to cut, now I don't know what happened but eventually when the GS15 started to cut it was cutting right through both vinyl and backing paper, I could not find out why, what I did to fix it was copy and paste to a new page and when I repeated the cut it was fine just cutting the vinyl and a great weed.
I am curious to know how to set up the cutter to do a die cut even though I will probably never use it. I do know about the double cut feature and have used that on tougher materials. Anybody have any idea.
Regards
Tel

Tel

Thanks I'll watch the vids but our composer is 2.?? something it's not 3.00
your feedback is appreciatted