• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS 6000 input & output settings NEED HELP!!!

mpn

Our 6000 rip computer has been reloaded and now the grey does not print properly. We need some help with the canned profile settings to get back to a useable grey.

I have attached screen shots of where it is now & it's printing a cream color instead of grey.:banghead:

Switching the grey to cmyk or black only does not help, and I have changed the input / output settings and this is where some help is needed.

TIA

Attachments

• IMAG1739.jpg
    IMAG1739.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG1740.jpg
    IMAG1740.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG1741.jpg
    IMAG1741.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMAG1742.jpg
    IMAG1742.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 98

Correct Color

Your input color settings need to be whatever color space you used to create the file.

If you don't know, then odds are they were SWOP for CMYK and sRGB for RGB.

Mike Adams
Correct Color

mpn

Your input color settings need to be whatever color space you used to create the file.

If you don't know, then odds are they were SWOP for CMYK and sRGB for RGB.

Mike Adams
Correct Color

That is what is usually set there & just reprinted the sample with the same results. Do you think the settings under the "general" tab could be doing this?

I appreciate the help Mike

Correct Color

Only thing I see there is that you might try changing "treat grey as" from CMYK to RGB.

That shouldn't matter though, unless the source data is an actual greyscale file. And even then it should be grey, since it would be anachromatic.

Honestly, it looks to me like your printer profile is the issue.

Mike