• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS15 Plus

Tel

I live and work in Northern Ireland and among other things use an edge and have a GS15plus linked to it. We also have a couple of super sprints, recently the GS15plus lost teeth on the Theta belt so I have been trying to source a new belt. Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK that may still stock any, the only place I seem to be able to find is the plotter doctor but on ebay they only advertise for a HS. At present I am using one of the very old super sprints and a good job it's doing but it takes up a lot more space. Unfortunately the super sprint belt is a different size.

Jillbeans

I got my theta belt from Hyatt's and they were great to deal with. Who knows, maybe they'd ship you one.
They aren't that heavy or big, it couldn't cost that much to ship over to you.
Love....Jill
PS
It's not the most fun job in the world to replace, but it is do-able and makes a huge difference.

Tel

Thanks folks
I have no problem in replacing the belt, it's relatively easy, I find the gerbers very reliable as long as they are kept clean and lubricated, one of the super sprints I use must be 25 years old, we bought the other one for spares really but it also works, thought the theta belt from one would have done the gs15plus but there different, if fact when you take the covers off there's very little that is the same apart from the blade head even though they look identical. Anyway as usual I am rambling on, I have sent an email to the plotter doctor and am waiting a reply and if I have no luck with them then I will try Hyatts, Thanks again.

Tel

Tried the Spandex agent here in Northern Ireland they never got back to us. I will give the main guys in England a ring, they fitted and supplied the Tekcel Router I operate and always found them helpful then but that was a good few years ago. Although I have emailed the plotter doctor and they say they will ship to us if I order on the website but when I go to checkout on their website it freezes, don't seem to be getting very far with this belt, and while the super sprint is working OK I probably won't get too worried about it.
Regards
Tel