• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS600 Media Smoother?

jfiscus

Rap Master
The little black media smoother that is close to the right side of the printer occasionally seems to be contacting with my print head. I haven't had any problem resulting from it, but I just wanted to see if there was any reason that I should NOT take it out of the printer for "just in case" reasons.

Also, is my head out of alignment or what else could be causing this?

boxerbay

you probably have a big scab of ink on the bottom of your head.
do a maintenance cleaning where the carriage goes to the far left. open the hatch and look really closely under the head with a flashlight. clean it really good. if it is dried up and crusty you can use some head cleaning solution to clean it. also clean the media smoother if you see any ink dried and built up on it.

http://www.advantagesignsupply.com/Epson-GS6000-Print-Head-Cleaning-Kit

Do not remove the media smoother. If you do and your temp is high and banner material curls it will head strike and could possibly damaged your heads.

jfiscus

Rap Master
you probably have a big scab of ink on the bottom of your head.
do a maintenance cleaning where the carriage goes to the far left. open the hatch and look really closely under the head with a flashlight. clean it really good. if it is dried up and crusty you can use some head cleaning solution to clean it. also clean the media smoother if you see any ink dried and built up on it.

http://www.advantagesignsupply.com/Epson-GS6000-Print-Head-Cleaning-Kit

Do not remove the media smoother. If you do and your temp is high and banner material curls it will head strike and could possibly damaged your heads.

Just manually cleaned it two weeks ago, still have plenty of swabs/solution. I will clean it again this morning just to be safe.

I've never seen the edge of banner material curl (although it humps all the time!!!) & never used the smoother. Do you use it on all materials or just banner?