• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 cleaning kits

GoodPeopleFlags

I need to change the flushing pad again. Called our supplier and the flushing pads only come in a "cleaning kit" which cost about $85. I think the kit includes the swaps, the pad, and the tiny thing of oil to put on the thing that cleans the bar the print head travels on. $85???? I ONLY need a flushing pad! Any suggestions on where to buy the pad alone?

gameon

Hi there,

I'm currently responsible for one of these machines and I've noticed I'm going through flushing pads pretty quick too...

The Epson "flushing pad" is a plastic frame with a sponge in it. I've noticed the Mutoh Valujet machines which are relatives of the GS6000 have the frame and separate user-replaceable sponges. Anyone have any idea how I'd go about finding if the Mutoh parts are compatible with the GS6000?

Any regulars from the Mutoh forum browsing around here?

Beyond 1

I have mutoh valuejet and a toucan lt and both the flushing pads are smaller then the epson GS.... The epson pad is a solid sponge where the mutohs have holes and are quite hard. I know mutoh designed the GS for epson, but to my knowledge the heads and pads are epsons new design. I know Mutoh came out with the new 1624 if they have the new heads they might have the same flushing pads. Worth finding out... I'm paying $35.00 for 5 pads (oh yeah I don't get the free hair gloves or the little little, boy do I mean little bottle of oil)
Laugh