Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GS6000 Color profiling

Discussion in 'Epson' started by Rage Wraps, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Rage Wraps

Rage Wraps Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Medinah, IL
    Can someone help me out with adjusting color profiles? I would like to be able to give the colors more vibrance. Any informtion you can give?

Tags:
  2. Printhead

Printhead Member

Dec 1, 2008
    What RIP are you using?

3. BlueFishDesigns

BlueFishDesigns Very Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    I would like to learn more about that, too. We've had the GS6000 for a couple of years. One of the selling points was that it could print "Tennessee Orange" which is a bright, vibrant orange. We never have been able to hit that and no one can tell me how to.

The OP probably uses ColorBurst. That's what we have and it came with the Epson.

4. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Assuming you're properly profiled all I can guess is lower your ink restrictions. What RIP? (x3)

5. mediaman

mediaman Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Adjust the file for saturation in Photoshop not in the RIP. You'll have much more control and the adjustment layer can be tweaked to give you the look you want the RIP to print. After you make the changes, print a section of your file at full size so you can see if the adjustments hit your target, then print the whole job once your satisfied with the modifications.

6. parrott

parrott Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Vol Nation
    What are you Alabama guys doing prining Tennesse orange? :wink:

7. BlueFishDesigns

BlueFishDesigns Very Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Ha! Our sales rep is in Tennessee. He should've told us it could hit Auburn Orange.

My guy graduated from UT so I'm a fan... except for 1 day a year when they play Alabama. :Big Laugh

8. lerscom

lerscom Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Puebla, Puebla MX