• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000/Colorburst - Gradient Background Not Smooth

Jgentry

Hi guys

I'm printing a gradient fade from white to light blue as the background on my image. Image created in Illustrator. The blue fade makes a big color jump from light blue to darker blue without fading smoothly.
I've exported to PDF and EPS formats from Ai. Same thing though the color transition is a little different depending.

Any ideas?

Jgentry

I figured out the fix, but not the issue. I had created a custom profile (environment) and when I use that environment in Colorburst I don't get smooth transitions in my gradients. I tried the canned profile for the type of vinyl I'm using (IJ35) and the gradient looks fine. Weird.

Custom_Grafx

Have you tried it in both perceptual and colorimetric? Any difference?

Are your linearization curves smooth and calibrated in that custom profile?

boxerbay

it's not your profile it is Illustrator. We see this a lot. Build your gradient in photoshop and you will see it prints smooth. not sure why.