• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 exposed to air blowing from conditioner

Brian R

There is a warning label on the front of the GS6000 stating not to set it up where it will be exposed to blowing air from an air conditioner because the heads may dry out. I'm paraphrasing a bit but that is the jist of it. Of course our room has vents all over the ceiling blowing air conditioned air down right on the printer. We've had the printer for about 10 months and haven't had a head drying issue (yet), but we print all day long which I'm sure helps. Has anyone out there seen any problems caused by air conditioning?

We do have some head strike issues, especially the first print in the morning when printing on 6mil adhesive back vinyl. I wonder if the material sitting there all night when the air conditioning is off causes some minor expanding and it buckles up off the platen ever so slightly just enough for a head strike?