• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 Green Head Issue

jfiscus

Rap Master
So, yesterday I finally ran another nozzle check & I too saw the infamous green head issue. (no output from green head)

My printer is about 1 1/2 years old, but since it had to be fixed I found my information on the printer & called Epson service. They got a tech in touch with me within 30 minutes who worked out the details and had the replacement parts overnighted to my shop. This morning I received a call asking me to call him back when the parts arrived; 20 minutes later UPS & FedEx was at the door with 5 boxes. A half hour after that (called the tech) he was here also. Took him about 2 hours to install the new head and test the printer. We're back up & green is firing perfect along with the rest; had no problems with them before.

Total costs: $0.

Just a couple weeks ago I finally upgraded to the newest version of ColorBurst, which they say is supposed to prevent this problem in the future. So, we'll see how it goes, but in the year and a half I've had it this was our only issue.

Letterbox Mike

So you were out of the warranty period and they still charged you nothing? This is really good to hear, we had to replace our green head 6 months in and I'm worried it's going to be a persistent problem over the life of the machine. Glad to hear Epson is taking some responsibility for this.

parrott

We have had a few minor speed bumps with our GS6000 and Epson has been great. No finger pointing, questioning, etc, they just fix the problem. Anything that has become a known issue with these printers, they have been more than willing to fix on their dime. If something is not right, they want to make it right. This has been a great printer backed by a great company.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Yes, we had let our warranty from the distributor lapse due to no issues with the printer. My call yesterday was initially to figure out what the cost was going to be to replace the head, but when they said it would be covered... I was quite happy to say the least.