• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 head strikes

pbrid1

I have had problem with head strikes and tracking on 54" banner material , had printer over 3 years.
Epson has given up and doesn't return my calls anymore. This doesn't happen on 30' banner material or vinyl.
Epson did install add on tensioner, but didn't help. Anyone have any ideas?

Happyprinter

We had the same issue when we first purchased our GS. Didnt matter what we did, tension, heater adjustments etc. still almost always a head strike. After several months and constantly on the phone with Epson we changed suppliers. Problem has never occurred since. Bad scrim. There is a lot of bad vinyl out there. Hope this might help.

datoshway

I had the same problems when I got my gs6000, the key for me was how the material was wound.

1) We pull a few feet through the printer pulling from the center
2) Go to the back of the printer and wind the material back now
3) Put your tension bar on
4) Drop the lever and make sure it's on the highest setting

This combo help the material through perfectly straight which was the cause.

Rage Wraps

Had the same problem for a while. Switched to Key Banner and never had a problem. Also use the house brand from Pitman and no issue there.

twmiller24

Try reducing the wait on the tension bar. We did this with a bungee cord from the tension bar to the printer, and that took care of our headstrike issues.