• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 prints coming out slightly bowed

Reaction GFX

Not sure how to better describe the issue other than the prints are coming out slightly bowed, bowing the width of the media, not in the feed direction. It doesn't always happen, but sometimes when I go to trim out the prints and put my straight edge along the printed edge, the center will be slightly higher than the ends, bowing in towards the center of the print. I don't think it's ever more than 1/8" difference from the corners to the center, and I usually just trim it straight without any problem, but run a line of text along there and you can sometimes actually see the bowing effect pretty clearly. If I lay a 60" straight edge on its edge along the platen, there is a tiny, tiny low spot towards the center of the platen...like a fraction of a millimeter, but enough that the center of the straight edge isn't really touching the media like it is towards the ends, if that makes sense. Would that be causing my problem? I've checked the machine for level many, many times in the past, at all different spots on the machine and it is about as level as I can get it.

And now that I think about it, I think I've run into this same bowing effect in the other direction, as in the media feed direction. (If I'm printing something 96" long, it is sometimes slightly bowed inwards over the 96" length when I go to trim it.) Would the two different bowing directions be related? Is this maybe a RIP issue? (Using Onyx 10.2.5.45) Heat related? Happens with all different kinds of media.

Today is the first time I've actually had to reprint something due to this issue, so I'd like to try to get it sorted. Any input is appreciated.