• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 Regular Cleaning Frequency

feckmo

Hi all,

We just put our new GS6000 into service, and I'm wondering what everyone is doing about the regular cleaning frequency on this machine? Our tech set it to every 6 hours which seems like WAY too much. They're looking to sell more ink, right? :)

Thanks,

--Jim.

Case

Your tech did not set it for 6 hours... That is default from the factory and what is recommended by Epson...

Case

cmaxdesigns

Yes the Epson GS drops a crap ton of ink every six hours. We had a tech come out and change the cleaning cycle to a lighter cycle and it saved a ton of ink and the printer is yet to get clogged. You may want to change the type of cleaning cycle.

parrott

Yes the Epson GS drops a crap ton of ink every six hours. We had a tech come out and change the cleaning cycle to a lighter cycle and it saved a ton of ink and the printer is yet to get clogged. You may want to change the type of cleaning cycle.

We did this and I believe we changed the frequency to every 24 hours.

handl

We only run a cleaning cycle on ours once a day. We have been doing it for months and have not had a problem.

ColesCreations

Don't know what ours is set to, but after 1 year, still more than half full all cartridges, replaced the starter ones fairly soon after purchase though.

ColesCreations

... And 2 days ago I emptied the waste can for the first time, it was now full after more than 1 year. No problems with clogged heads except when we were closed for a month... Got it cleared with a couple of cleanings though..

mediaman

feckmo,

The Epson tech would not be motivated to cause you to buy more ink. I'm certain that Epson would rather have a happy customer. You may have been joking, but that's quite a conspiracy theory.

signswi

How often you set the interval to will also depend on whether or not you're in a humidity managed environment. If you're not and the humidity gets low the 6 hour is definitely going to be beneficial. If you're managing it around 50% you could probably get away with less frequently.

boxerbay

Don't know what ours is set to, but after 1 year, still more than half full all cartridges, replaced the starter ones fairly soon after purchase though.

geez you need more work. I go through a full set of cartridges in about three months and emptied the waste can twice.

astro8

MENU - PRINTER SETUP - REGULAR CLEANING.

had it set for a 24hr clean for last 2 years with no problems...

ColesCreations

We need more print jobs, that's for sure, but waste ink should be the same if printing or not, right?

And, yes, correct, 1 year to fill up the waste bucket, which holds approx. 2 litres, 4 cartridges. That corresponds to 3 months / cartridge into the bucket, so $80 / month for us...