Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GS6000 Squeaky Carriage

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by noregrets, Dec 5, 2012.

1. noregrets

noregrets Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Nz
    My GS has developed a horrible squeaking sound as the carriage moves back and forth, anyone know what might be causing this?

Tags:
  2. lerscom

lerscom Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Puebla, Puebla MX
    have you try cleaning and oinling the carriage rail?

3. I have had this happen to both of the GS6000s I work with. Remove the end cap on the control panel side. Loosen the screws that hold the motor in place and pull it toward the rear of the printer adding tension before tightening the screws back. The tension is supposed to be around 3.5 kg - I didn't have a spring scale big enough so I just winged it and it worked. Worse case scenario is that you will have to do it more than once.

edit: I thought I'd mention that before the newer of the 2 printers I work with was out of warranty I called a tech for this. The tech never had a spring scale so he winged it also. His fix job lasted about 5-6 months. Epson also had him swap some parts that I'm sure we didn't need (encoder strip, CR reduction pulley, CR belt).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012