• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 take-up

Jaime Bergstrom

Feed Reel Tension Bar pics

Sorry so late for getting these up.

Attachments

• IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Up.jpg
    Up.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Down.jpg
    Down.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 130

ColesCreations

We've been complaining, and this is what we ended up with:

Attachments

• IMG_3635.jpg
    IMG_3635.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3634.jpg
    IMG_3634.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3633.jpg
    IMG_3633.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 135

ColesCreations

And here's another one, look how straight it is on the roll :smile:

The Mutoh Spitfire we picked up looks a bit unhappy without its heavy duty UW/W 100 optional roll system...

Attachments

• IMG_3636.jpg
    IMG_3636.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 109

Letterbox Mike

Now that looks like a much better take-up reel. Did they supply that for free or did you have to pay for it? Is it an Epson part?

ColesCreations

Sure- Epson came by and gave it to us for free :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding...
Our dealer said there is no such thing as an upgrade...
I purchased some machines from a fellow going out of business, among them a Mutoh Spitfire with the optional 100kg (220#) heavy duty reels. When I had it in the shop, I saw similarities between the printers, and noticed the fact that there were not a single electrical cord between the roll-system and the printer, and with my lack of fear against using power tools on a $30k printer, I did some modifications to the roll system (angle grinder and saw, no welding) some drilling in the GS6000 (careful, lots of flat ribbon-looking wiring in there, all with Mutoh stickers on them), installed a bunch of rivet nuts, and bolted it up. Did it all in one day, now I'm considering going home and let the printer do a 15' canvas photo, without a babysitter.

I recommend it, probably many broken old Mutohs out there for fairly cheap. If anyone interested, send me an email, I'll provide some photos.
PS. The front and rear roll holders are identical and motorized, even reversible.

Epson should have made this system optional themselves! It's good, with switches to pull both front and rear rolls, even footpedals to use while you are behind it loading... I'm just smiling now.

ColesCreations

Couldn't help myself, had to go back to the shop to check up on it. Old habits etc.
Print had finished, the rolled up print looks like it came from a store! Totally straight. This is new for us, no regrets.

Wife is a lot happier now than while I was drilling in her Epson!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Wife is a lot happier now than while I was drilling in her Epson!

This is an interesting way of saying something, I'm just not sure what it is you are saying....
:omg:

On a real note, good to read that your take-up transplant worked out.
:thumb:

wayne k
guam usa