• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gs6000

danger

Im thinking of getting a GS6000 i have a sp540v now id like to hear some feed back or whats do you recommend for that price point

C

ColoPrinthead

I have 2 of those I work with daily and I am not a fan. The Green inks are inconsistent in color and Epson really wants to force owners into using their tech service providers by making parts harder to come by. I haven't shopped printers in awhile and just been inheriting them with the different positions I take. All that being said I'm sure my company will force me to continue using them when we need another printer simply because it's what we already have.

Aside from the inks and service issues, the printers perform well for what we use them for. I need to turn off my green channel so I can have better color consistency on images with heavy green. Of course I could just make color adjustments daily, but I don't have time for that and I'm the end user so I have final say on quality.

Robert M

Gs 6000

I just checked with Epson and they say they are out of the GS 6000 printers. Look at a Mutoh, they make the GS 6000 and are priced better.

boxerbay

we've been running the epson gs6000 day and night with no issues for 2 years.

we do a lot of green printing with no problems.
no problem with our take up.

boxerbay

I have 2 of those I work with daily and I am not a fan. The Green inks are inconsistent in color and Epson really wants to force owners into using their tech service providers by making parts harder to come by. I haven't shopped printers in awhile and just been inheriting them with the different positions I take. All that being said I'm sure my company will force me to continue using them when we need another printer simply because it's what we already have.

Aside from the inks and service issues, the printers perform well for what we use them for. I need to turn off my green channel so I can have better color consistency on images with heavy green. Of course I could just make color adjustments daily, but I don't have time for that and I'm the end user so I have final say on quality.

what rip are you running.

C

ColoPrinthead

Onyx 10. I had a project that used a lot of green and ran for 3 months when I started noticing the changes. My environment is stable. I feel like using the green is like printing neutrals with 6 colors.

boxerbay

we run colorburst. when the gs6000 first came out there were orange green issues. colorburst has updated their rip to correct those issues. not sure if onyx did the same. we do a mountain of work for baptist hospital. Their logo is a pantone green 336 and all of their work has pms 336 and various shades of it and they all print flawlessly. We opted for the epson gs6000 for its exceptional color qualities.

C

ColoPrinthead

Our company color is PMS 376 and I have to adjust the build every month or two for it to work on either printer. If I have some time later and my camera I will see if I can take a picture of the fluctuations I've experienced over 3 months. I've been working on getting all of my updates installed also.

jmcnicoll

Use to run a GS6000 with the EFI Colorproof XF rip and color was great with out any issues. Profiles stayed on track without any adjustments.

feckmo

I'd recommend that you stay as far away from the GS6000 as possible. We have one and it has been nothing but trouble since day one. We run a Roland XC540, a Canon ipf8300 and the GS6000, and neither the Roland nor the Canon have given us one percent of the trouble the Epson has. My company has already decided never to purchase another Epson product again.

I told the last repair tech who was here for the GS6000 that I wished we had just gotten another Roland. He said that I would be amazed how often he hears those exact words.

Hope this helps.

--Jim.

SignTeam.us

I'd recommend that you stay as far away from the GS6000 as possible. We have one and it has been nothing but trouble since day one. We run a Roland XC540, a Canon ipf8300 and the GS6000, and neither the Roland nor the Canon have given us one percent of the trouble the Epson has. My company has already decided never to purchase another Epson product again.

I told the last repair tech who was here for the GS6000 that I wished we had just gotten another Roland. He said that I would be amazed how often he hears those exact words.

Hope this helps.

--Jim.

Same here, Roland is been a work horse, but the Mutoh has been the worse purchase of my life. Buy Roland!!!

Wraps ink

This is a wrap we did with our GS 6000 green looks great and I love this machine

Attachments

• Fitness Edge (5).jpg
    Fitness Edge (5).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 103

PromoGuyTy

We've run our GS6000... two years...never had a service visit.

We run it daily.

Beautiful, consistent color....

(using Wasatch rip)

No issues at all.

[knock on wood]

pbrid1

Don't buy Epson.

Had mine 4 years in Nov. and is down again, same problem I paid $3000 last year to have fixed!
Tech here now and has no clue what he is doing.
Buy anything but Epson, worst machine I have ever had, been in sign business for 25 years.