• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gs6000

ColesCreations

Good one :biggrin:

I mean- any good reasons, except the obvious....

Price difference is in the $8K range... And with at worst a 50-50 chance of a warranty claim...

Has anyone needed the warranty on these yet?

astro8

I don't know how it works for you in Norway. We paid out twice the US price and even more for the 3 year warranty, worth every cent to us, this gives us a new set of heads every year if needed, they come and service it every 6 months, whatever it needs and calibration.
Epson delivered and set the printer up, our dealer set up the Ergosoft rip with spot on profiling. It works flawlessly. If our dealer introduces a new media, we get a profile for it and it's always spot on. If I have any issue with the printer whatsoever, I ring Epson direct and they come out that day or next morning. I had the front material winder slip, rang them and it was taken care of that afternoon, just an adjustment. They tell me that if they can't get something fixed..new printer.

I've ran and fixed large format printers since NovajetIII's, Mimaki's, Colorspan's, Roland's and this is the best warranty and service I've experienced. I don't fix printers anymore, all the mimaki's, went on ebay, all that is taken of care of, we run a busy shop and I have better things to do (like chat away on this forum!)

We bought a new Summa S160D,(all our plotters went on ebay the next day as well!) our dealer set it up with the Ergorip for contour cutting from the GS6000. Epson are coming out to see the setup working, I have to give these guys credit, they really are interested.

I s'pose 2 new heads over here could cost $8000 fitted and calibrated,...it's great peace of mind.

ColesCreations

Looks like we're trading in our JV3 at a local dealer, and getting the GS6000! With 1 year warranty, heads included... I hope we'll need the warranty, if not we have wasted a lot of money :clapping:

This dealer is also a FlexiSign dealer, they will give us all the profiles they have made; and help us make new ones if needed. Will get it in a couple of weeks!