• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS750 plus roller removal guidance.

neilenglish

I need to remove the main roller of my plotter for resurfacing .I am mechanically competent and understand the manufacture of Gerber machines having rebuilt my dimension router, but seek information to avoid disturbing any parts or settings of this machine unnecessarily. It is mainly the " dont disturb this setting or undo that part" that I am after; or if I do have to " then how to reset it". Neil. Riverside Signs

shakey0818

search the threads under plotters or gerber i think i saw a pdf file on how to remove it and re install it .i think fread may have posted it.by the way where are you getting it se surfaced and for how much i can only find new ones for @ $400 and i think they have a seam.good luck its a great machine a real workhorse.

neilenglish

Hi, thanks for that I will try to find the thread. My roller has softened so I approached a local firm that repairs rollers for the print industry on a regular basis . They will strip the roller of the old coating and spray coat a new compound on to the roller either two pack urethane or a rubber composition to a shore hardness of around 75 (this measurement was taken from the roller in my GS 15 which is still good ) They will then cylindrically grind that outside true to size.I will supply the shaft of the GS750roller as a mandrel for them to mount the roller for grinding as it will run true on its hollow centres . This way you will get no seam. Neil

shakey0818

thanls neil ill try to fin the same company here in the us it seems like a good idea let me know how you make out.