• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GSP Plot Optimized Halftone

HighTec RedNec

(with images)
When i choose to print with an optimized halftone i can get a dot to print that is very small. Using a maxx 2 i can only get 35 lpi manually but when i let gsp substitute i can get a very small dot. my question is, how can i get this dot all the time, does anyone know the manual settings for the optimized halftone that gsp substitutes for an image less than 19in. i've been through every manual and tips book on the web and can't find anything. any help is appreciated. thanks

Dana Goodale

Do NOT Use the Optimized MAXX Halftone to Get Small Dots

Hello,

The reason you are getting the larger dot for the MAXX is because you are using the optimized setting. If you turn OFF the optimized setting and if you use a high halftone value, you will be prompted to optimize the halftone. Say NO to this prompt and the Composer halftone assigned in Composer will be used.

To turn off the MAXX halftone optimization, go to GSPPlot>F11 (Print Options)> Halftone>Click OFF Auto Substitution for the MAXX. Click Preference to keep Auto Substitution off, and do not use the optimized halftone.

In Composer, try assigning GerberTone STC Photo with an LPI of 40 to 50 LPI. If you do use a very small halftone dot you may increase banding.

Feel free to email me at dana.goodale@gspinc.com with questions.