Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. craigco

craigco Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Does anyone know why this is happening. Check the attached file.
    If so could you explain how to fix it.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    what is it that is happening that is wrong and what is it that you want it to do? Not too sure what it is that I'm looking at in your screen shot.

3. craigco

craigco Member

Jan 7, 2006
    The attached jpeg is what I am attempting to cut. I export it as an eps file from coreldraw, then open in GSplot.

When I open it, GSPlot breaks the reverse panel apart. It also start the word at one end and finishes at the opposite like the second jpeg. I have done this plenty of times without this happening.

Now this seems to happen on cut that are relatively long. I can't figure out what is causing it or how to fix it.

Thanks,
    CRaig

Attached Files:

4. craigco

craigco Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Also if you look at the first post, you will see it places a bunch of lines through what is supposed to be cut.

5. craigco

craigco Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Heck, I noticed in the first post, it even reversed the print.

Ha!

6. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

What version of Omega ?

If the job is NOT reversed in Composer does it do the samething ?

Was the PLT file created in Composer ? If so email it to me and I'll look at it.

7. craigco

craigco Member

Jan 7, 2006
    The version is Omega Composer V - 1.5.6.93. Yes, it does the same thing when opening with composer. The lines in the lettering seem to be nodes stretching from one end to the other.

I will email you the file.

8. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Four suggestions:

1. Always do your importing into Composer.

2. Perform a "Break Apart" in Corel before exporting. What you are getting is corruption due to the way Corel handles compound shapes in conjunction with EPS or AI export.

3. Omega has two different EPS import filters. If one screws up, try the other one.

4. Omega does an almost totally reliable job with Corel Presentation Exchange CMX Version 5. Try that path instead of EPS.

9. Tony Teveris

I see no traces of text actually entered in Composer so I'll assume it was imported from another file type. Your version of Omega is 1.56 ?

10. craigco

craigco Member

Jan 7, 2006
    I exported as CMX file and Composer open it ok. The only thing was that the revers panel and SPACE AVAILABLE overlapped. I just moved the reverse down in composer and saved as a PLT file.

But now it will not open in GSPlot. Which is a first here.

craig

11. craigco

craigco Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Yes it is 1.56

12. craigco

craigco Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Now it doesn't do this with everything, just some stuff that is longer than normal. I can put something smaller in it right now and it will do just fine.

So It has something to do with the length. I haven't been able to determine how long the piece has to be when it begins doing this.

13. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Sounds like you didn't convert text to paths in Corel before exporting. No idea why GSPPlot won't open the file but would recommend a reboot of your computer at this point and delete any PRM file present for that file name.

14. craigco

craigco Member

Jan 7, 2006
    ok will give it a shot.

thanks

15. Tony Teveris

When Corel 11 or 12 came out Corel changed their exporting style and format for CMX and I had to do a bunch of changes to the Omega 2.5 import filter. What version of CorelDraw are you exporting from? Fred is correct, convert all text to curves before exporting. The CMX format document was last updated for Corel 8 and Corel said they may update it in the future but I have not seen anything from them.

16. craigco

craigco Member

Jan 7, 2006
    I am using Corel 12. Yes, I am converting to curves, but still no luck.

17. craigco

craigco Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Well for some reason it decided to work. Not sure what did it.

Thanks for the help

18. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Try to copy and paste in your cutting program after you have converted text to curves.

19. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Glad you got it fixed.
    In GA sometimes, I get a ton of vertical slice node lines when importing certain .ai files.
    It's a real pain.
    Love....Jill