• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GSX Plotter question

davedavedave

Hi, can the gsx cutter can also cut like in the video?? (both sides for punch out or perf cutting)

i would like to have my decals punched out and cutted...

thank you

Last edited:

Jburns

I think only the Envision can to back cut with omega. I use this function regularly and it needs left / center registration marks.
The GSX is not listed, but I bet with some work you can force it... with another cut file.

With back cut, depending on layout of decals - the front cut and back cut can be slightly off from one another. I know that sounds strange, but my software or cutter ( Omega 6.5 / envision) has read the back cut info first and cut incorrectly.
But it normally works fantastic and is fun to watch.

Hielorojo

I think only the Envision can to back cut with omega. I use this function regularly and it needs left / center registration marks.
The GSX is not listed, but I bet with some work you can force it... with another cut file.

With back cut, depending on layout of decals - the front cut and back cut can be slightly off from one another. I know that sounds strange, but my software or cutter ( Omega 6.5 / envision) has read the back cut info first and cut incorrectly.
But it normally works fantastic and is fun to watch.
Yes, you can do "cut decals" with the GSX model, you have to flip the vinyl and cut again, my English is very poor to explain it but there is a "Composer Bulletin" where explain as do it.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...oh9YHOAtyD&ust=1576568717518089&ictx=3&uact=3

Last edited:

davedavedave

thx guys , will definitly get me one once i get the chane for a good deal

i could get a gerber 1 with software gsx and a lot of cartridges for very cheap, i think i will take this offer... and will be on the look out for a gerber 2....
the cartridges and the gsx is worth the money already... i also think the gerber should work out for my kind of decals...

lets see :D

davedavedave

i have one more question im a lil bit confused about all the gerber cutters...

gs15 - tangial only?
gsx15 - swivel only?
gs15plus - swivel and tangial?
gsx15plus ?
hs15 ?
hs15plus ?

i know the envision is faster and only has a tangential knife..speed is not so important for me.. i will pass on the envision because its too expensive...
but what the difference between the other ones i couldnt find much information online?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The Envision is swivel only and uses a cutting strip instead of a rotating drum. The HS series is no longer manufactured or supported.

netsol

fred is certainly the expert on these things, but i wouldn't pass on an HS series simply because they are no longer supported. as long as the piece of ewuipment is functioning when purchased, jimmy the plotter doctor can supply everything needed.