Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gsx plus plotter parts

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by shakey0818, Aug 19, 2010.

1. shakey0818

shakey0818 Active Member

Aug 12, 2010
    hi im looking for a new bar with th sprockets on it or a replacement rubber for my gsx plus 15"plotter it is 15 years old .i found 1 new for $400 but it seems awfully expensive .any idears?

Tags:
  2. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

if it has GERBER name on it................nothing for it is gona be cheap!!!!

3. shakey0818

shakey0818 Active Member

Aug 12, 2010
    yes its gerber,lol

do ya think it would be wiser just to buy a new plotter fot the same or less $$$?im using gerber omega 4.0

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

you got a15 yr old piece of eqipment.............and ask yourself is it worth putting $400 into a 15 yr old plotter.
    we had a 95 volvo 850. nice car. not many problems in the 4-5 years we owned it TILL........the A/C COMPRESSOR started to destroy itself. being an old "wrench", and 15 years workin in the parts aftermarket, i figured i could get a new compressor and replace it for couple hundred and be on the road.
    WELLLLLLL....ITS A VOLVO.........and they like GERBER think their replacement stuff is GOLD. no other parts place could get me that VOLVO compressor, so i had to go to VOLVO DEALERSHIP. and the parts guy there ......was a freind......i could get a REBUILT, 90 DAY WARRENTY, from ONLY VOLVO..........you sittin down???? $550.00!!!!!!!!!!! now this is again a REBUILT, not new............buy the time i bought the $550.00 part, paid to have installed and recharged..........AND ONLY HAVE A 90 DAY WARRENTY, it would been a grand total of nearly $1200.00!!!! at the time the car had 154,000 miles & no idea of what would be next to not work. traded it and got a 2002 camry!!!!!!!

5. shakey0818

shakey0818 Active Member

Aug 12, 2010
    ty

ty for your responce yes it is 15 years old but its only cut about 30 yards ov vinyl its been in storage for years but yes i will take that into consideration.although gerber sells god products they are highly over priced.ty

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    $395 is a bargain to get a very reliable plotter back on line. Considering that you want to drive it from Omega, you will be looking at $1500 or more to buy a name brand friction feed plotter that Omega will play nicely with.

7. shakey0818

shakey0818 Active Member

Aug 12, 2010
    ty fred that is true it certainly cost me alot to buy and its like new ty