• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gsx plus plotter parts

shakey0818

hi im looking for a new bar with th sprockets on it or a replacement rubber for my gsx plus 15"plotter it is 15 years old .i found 1 new for $400 but it seems awfully expensive .any idears?

shakey0818

yes its gerber,lol

do ya think it would be wiser just to buy a new plotter fot the same or less $$$?im using gerber omega 4.0

OldPaint

you got a15 yr old piece of eqipment.............and ask yourself is it worth putting $400 into a 15 yr old plotter.
we had a 95 volvo 850. nice car. not many problems in the 4-5 years we owned it TILL........the A/C COMPRESSOR started to destroy itself. being an old "wrench", and 15 years workin in the parts aftermarket, i figured i could get a new compressor and replace it for couple hundred and be on the road.
WELLLLLLL....ITS A VOLVO.........and they like GERBER think their replacement stuff is GOLD. no other parts place could get me that VOLVO compressor, so i had to go to VOLVO DEALERSHIP. and the parts guy there ......was a freind......i could get a REBUILT, 90 DAY WARRENTY, from ONLY VOLVO..........you sittin down???? $550.00!!!!!!!!!!! now this is again a REBUILT, not new............buy the time i bought the $550.00 part, paid to have installed and recharged..........AND ONLY HAVE A 90 DAY WARRENTY, it would been a grand total of nearly $1200.00!!!! at the time the car had 154,000 miles & no idea of what would be next to not work. traded it and got a 2002 camry!!!!!!!

shakey0818

ty

ty for your responce yes it is 15 years old but its only cut about 30 yards ov vinyl its been in storage for years but yes i will take that into consideration.although gerber sells god products they are highly over priced.ty

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
$395 is a bargain to get a very reliable plotter back on line. Considering that you want to drive it from Omega, you will be looking at $1500 or more to buy a name brand friction feed plotter that Omega will play nicely with.