• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Guess I was scammed - Where does the machine report data is stored?

Lady Who

Hey there!
I'd like to know where does the machine report data is stored (CJV150). I mean, all that information that is printed out from service menu, including Serial number, Use time, Wiping, Head ID, Shot count etc.

I suspect I've been scammed. Long story short, I got ink in my printhead and got 187 Slew rate error, which I'd found out later means the printhead got a short circuit. But this guy made me believe this error was due to a damage in the main PCB, caused by the printhead short circuit. Then he took my PCB and charged me to supposedly repair it.

And I think he probably deceived me, because now I know all the errors would go away if I only removed the damaged printhead but kept the memory board (once the damaged printhead was removed, we got error 12b Head Rom WR, which I learned later is due to the memory board being disconnected). So, apparently, there was nothing wrong with the PCB, all I had to do back then was to connect the head board, even without the head and errors would go away)

All that said, I'm not sure if he only charged me to walk my PCB or if maybe he replaced the PCB with another.

Can the machine information, like serial number, be edited in some parameters in the service menu? How can I make sure that PCB he brought back is really mine?

Thanks in advance :)

netsol

Premium Subscriber
ladywho
your big question is, can you, or someone look at a printout and verify if your board was actualy changed?

good question. i know very little about mimaki, but i would think the MACHINE ITSELF is serial numbered. i am not sure what information can be moved, from
board to board with a piece of mimaki service software (kind of like the PECK tool or whatever the epson tool is called)

this is really a question for mimaki, i assume if solvent inkjet or jim hancock had experience with this, they would have kicked in by now

i have had a SIMILAR issue with a large client of mine, who uses motorola wireless terminals for order picking. about 2 years ago, a couple of the employees, for some reason, started scraping off the mdl/serial number NON REMOVABLE LABELS, at which point the manufacturer refused to honor the service contract.

my position was, the manufacturer can easily extract that missing serial number (if you don't think they can, try removing the tag, and switching it, or changing the outer plastic case, from a different unit.. you will be immediately rejected, because the serial stored in the device doesn't match the tag on the outside)

although i was proven correct, this info was for internal use, not for public distribution

sorry i made a long story of a simple question. i would think we can find from mimaki how to identify your board as the original, or a replacement . the info is there

Lady Who

Thank you so much netsol , thoughtful as always :)
Looking at the service manual, apparently it's possible to replace the use time, wiping count, scan count, but I didn't find anything about the serial number.

But anyways, I'm not sure if serial number is stored in the main PCB. Think about it: what if the main PCB burns sometime and needs to be replaced, that means one would lose all the machine history data? I don't think so.

Damn, I really need to learn more about this machine, can't trust anyone of those techs I have available

Attachments

• service-manual.jpg
    service-manual.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 185

netsol

Premium Subscriber
lady who
if you contact mimaki tech support & tell them your story maybe they will tell you how
to detetmine if the board was changed. there is some sort of identifier, and a "relationship table" so factory support can catch a dishonest services or owner

otherwise, i could just swap boards with a machine that was still under warranty, have factory support changebthe bad board, then swap them back.

i don't know if you can call factory support and get them to share. perhaps a tech will be sympathetic and help you. in theory, you could give them teamviewer into your computer & let them identify original board, yes or no

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
In the [HASHTAG]#Adjust[/HASHTAG] menu are 3 items - Head ID, Serial #, and Dealer number. The serial number is for the printer itself, not the mainboard. However, it should match your printer, the head ID's should match your print heads and the dealer number you can get from your dealer to see if it matches. Unless he has a CJV150 printer to put your mainboard in, he cannot change that data. Solventinkjet can chime in to confirm. Hope this helps...

Attachments

• CJV-150 #adjust menu.pdf
    253.7 KB · Views: 152

Lady Who

Hello netsol and Jim Hancock !
Update: I found out I was tricked by that tech into thinking that the COM IO PCB (that he "fixed") was called the main PCB. But no!

He took the COM IO PCB. The main PCB (EPL2) is fine and all data and error history is still in the machine, because they're stored in the main PCB (EPL2). Just for the record: according to both Mimaki support and the service manual, all data in the main PCB can be saved in the computer and then recorded back in the new PCB if that's the case. But it's not clear if those parameters include the machine serial number.

Machine is still without head, but it cuts jobs normally, recognizes media and the missing cartridges (all of them). Do you think this media detection and stuff would work even with a defective COM IO PCB?

What troubles me most is I think maybe he exchanged my COM IO PCB with a defective one and I'll only see the problem when I replace the printhead and the inks, because due to this "defect" I'm wondering about, the machine wouldn't print, wouldn't recognize the inks or maybe the printhead wouldn't shoot due to something defective in this COM IO PCB that may be not mine. You think it's possible?

Damn, can't stop dwelling on it :confused:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check all the fuses on the IO board. It's where the head signal gets amplified so if the fuse protecting that circuit is blown, the head won't get a signal. The IO board handles a lot of things but it's totally possible for one circuit to be blown and others not on the same board which is why the other functions are still working. The sensors tend to be on a low 3-5v circuit where as the head is on a 42v circuit.

Volkan CANSU

İlk önce pcb slider Üzerinde kafalar bağlı iken tp noktalarının ölçümleri yapılmalı sonra kafa bağlı değilken tp noktalarının ölçümleri yapılmalı kafa bağlı iken 2 khm kafa bağlı değilken 18 khm olması gerekmektedir. Eğer sigorta hatası olsa zaten makine F2 yada F3 hatası verir