• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Guidance on material thickness

FALCON

Hello, to cut more accurately with my machine, I want to make sure what is the exact thickness of these materials, which is included in the table of Roland's guide?
If you tell me where the materials are used, I would be grateful.

Cardboard
Flock
Floor Laminate
Heat Transfer
Magnetic
PerfCut
Reflective
Sandblast
Twill
Window Tint

MikePro

every material and every brand has a different thickness. you can purchase a caliper off of Amazon for under $10 or simply testcut your material prior to running a full sheet.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
1701885414006.png

FALCON

Behind this question, I have several other problems, because there were many issues, so I limited myself to this question, apparently it surprised some users.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Behind this question, I have several other problems, because there were many issues, so I limited myself to this question, apparently it surprised some users.

I think it's the lack of effort that is most surprising. If you actually have those materials and are trying to cut them, just measure them with a micrometer as mentioned. It's a great tool to have around the shop.

All the materials that you listed probably total 100 different possible combination - even if someone had this list lying around their answers would likely be useless to you.

What machine are you trying to cut these materials on?