• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce

StarSign

I would say oversight. I have yet to see our industry specifically mentioned in any of the essential lists I have seen.

Billct2

Here there is a category for suppliers to the essential industries. A sign company doing work for grocery, pharmaceutical, government, emergency services etc would be considered essential.

Last edited:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
There are too many trades to list individually. That's why it was previously worded something along the lines of "residential and commercial construction and related trades required to complete the project". They're not going to list glass installers, millworkers, tile workers, sign installers, drop-ceiling installers, etc. by name - there are just too many trades. What was previously, and in some cases is still left up to the discretion of these various trades was whether or not they were "essential". Austin is the first City I've heard of in Texas that has specifically indicated that those trades must be working on projects involved somehow with the virus (hospitals, first responders, etc.) or in other fields that involve services essential to health and well-being (plumbing, HVAC, IT, etc.).

This is all morphing pretty fast. Something important to remember is CISA provides the primary guidelines, but then each level of governance can specify stricter Orders than the one above it. So States can be more restrictive than CISA, Counties can impose stricter orders than the State and cities can impose stricter orders than Counties.

Last edited:

netsol

Premium Subscriber
when this started, nj governor murphy specifically mentioned sign making/commercial printing as essential.

rjssigns

According to WI guidelines I work from home and can keep working. But I don't think that means I can travel for installs. Very vague in that respect.

Personally I'm staying put. Lots of yachts to work on, and the money isn't worth my health.

Mom and Pop always said: "if you don't have your health you have nothing".

mmcknight79

FASTSIGNS of Garner
Anyone else get that letter from the ISA? Doesnt sound like it's a legit hall pass, but rather a plea for consideration.
We received the letter from the ISA and I agree it sounds like a plea for consideration, but our States Executive order allows any business that can social distance to be able to stay open. We are open, but the front door are locked and we do 95% of our business either online, email, text or phone calls. Our lobby floors are marked to let the few customer that do come in to know where they are to stand while they are there. Once they leave we wipe down anything they touched and spray a disinfectant. None of our employees are made to come to work, they come because they are very comfortable with the precautions we are taking.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I looked up some other letters from other business on Google, and it seems they are all along the same lines as the ISA. I guess no government entity is issuing letters, instead it's just letters stating the reason why said person in said industry is essential.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
My company was deemed an essential business by Lawton's Mayor and City Council. Nevertheless, we're operating under a seriously reduced capacity. We've cut the numbers of staff in the office and shop in half, alternating one day on and one day off for the next 2 weeks. And as this crisis drags on we'll cut our work days down further. We're already not allowing anyone but our own employees inside the office or shop. Anyone dropping off deliveries of materials has to do it outside. The same goes for anyone coming by to pick up something like a COVID-19 policy banner or yard sign.

I'm praying we'll be getting over the hump of this disease curve by May. If this goes dragging into the Summer then a bunch of us will likely get furloughed.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm not sure if I am essential or not. I just finished running off about $4k's worth of Bud and Heineken specials for April.
Good pricing on critical supplies is essential yes?
I am going to do the installs myself as I don't think it is right to ask my crew to take the risk of running around the island now. We are close to 80 cases not including the ones off the plague carrier docked here.