• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Guidence needed on Saving

tintguy31794

I've been working on Drawing (tracing) in Adobe Illustrator.

I have traced out Stewie from Family guy (no copyright worries... i'm just using it to learn)

Ok i'm using sign software called SignGo(still on the trial version)

I thought I was simply supposed to export the file as a .eps file... that has never worked even on simple drawings...

I tried saving it as a windows metafile also... That worked on another drawing I did... and it worked great, but on stewie when I imported it ... it didnt look the same as my drawing.

I think I have covered all the areas so far. If you guys have any advice for me I would really appreciate it. I'm not afraid to read so if you just want to point me to a website that would be great too!

I uploaded the file to an online storage thing..
http://www.mediamax.com/tintguy/Hosted/Stewie Finished.ai

When I tried to open it after I clicked that link I had to choose which program to open it with (Illustrator)

Thanks again for taking your time to read all of this and for any help you have to offer... i'm listening!

Where did you buy your DGI from? All you need to get started and keep your feet wet is Corel or Illustrator. Unless something has changed, you should be able to cut directly.

tintguy31794

Where did you buy your DGI from? All you need to get started and keep your feet wet is Corel or Illustrator. Unless something has changed, you should be able to cut directly.

DGI?.. I have both Adobe Illustrator CS and Corel Draw x3. and I really enjoy working with these programs (complete noob still though)..

So you say I should be able to save it as a regular .eps file with no problem importing it into my sign software?

tintguy31794

Oh it says Copyright 2000
Its model om-100...

This plotter was actually purchased for the sole use of cutting window film out via "compter cut" program.

This plotter is distributed by Accugraphic Salse Inc (ASI)

I'm interested to learn how to cut directly from Illustrator.. That would be great!

Again guys I appreciate any and all input.. I've gained a wealth of knowledge from you guys already.