• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gutter guys

ucmj22

Just threw this together for a customer that came in this morning to get a box truck wrapped or lettered. young guy, new business, said he didnt have a logo, and since I dont want the vehicle graphics to look chincy I figured I would throw this in with it. I dont want to spend time making a character/mascot but was wondering if there is anything I can do to tweak it real quick and improve. no one else is in the shop to bounce stuff off anymore, so I appreciate the feedback.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-24 at 4.11.26 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-24 at 4.11.26 PM.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 149

jkdbjj

Seamless gutters maybe? Rather then guttering?
Looks good, especially how the bottom words "seamlessly" flow into the shape.

Mosh

Looks "too good" concidering guys like these are only in biz for a year or two....
Bet you ten bucks they will ask you to put a shadow and and outline on it...I know these "gypsy" types.
OR even better "CHROME"...LOL

I guarantee they at one time did tree trimmimg too...

J

john1

Good enough.

Don't give your work away, Deff put it into the price. You know hes going to use this on cards, shirts, vehicle advertising, invoices and more right?

ucmj22

Looks "too good" concidering guys like these are only in biz for a year or two....
Bet you ten bucks they will ask you to put a shadow and and outline on it...I know these "gypsy" types.
OR even better "CHROME"...LOL

I guarantee they at one time did tree trimmimg too...

When I do quick stuff like this to help someone out, I don't allow changes. If they start trying, I tell them it will be a full logo work up charge if I have to make changes. They usually find it suitable after that. Who knows having something professional on the side of his truck might keep him in business long enough to need yard signs.
As for guttering, I didn't pick the name but I can see if he's willing to change it though. My gut tells me he'll say guttering is on his business license so he'll want to keep it.

Mosh

Just saying...gutters, siding, painting, tree trimming, asphalt drives...all gypsi work. Trust me one of my best friends in high school is one...I hate doing work for him. WAIT, what I hate more is doing stuff for other gypsies he sends to me. ....Google up travelers, they winter in Spiro Oklahoma...the Kwik Shop there has a camera in every isle they are so thick. They drag race dump trucks down main street for $$$.....OH now I have to bust out my Gypsi stories....
just wait.

buckssigns

The gap between GUTTER and GUYS is larger than the gap between the those words and the edge of the graphic.
I would reverse that condition; preferably by closing the spacing between letters or by reducing the size of the letters.

I would cut my throat before artificially condensing by more than 5%.

Also, I think the the UT TT TE UY YS combinations needs kerning attention, which would become more apparent if you close the spacing.

Other than that, pretty damn good for a freebee :)