• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX 24 cutting not too good

shuv76

Hello, I have been trying to cut some script font on my gx24 roland and it is tearing the vinyl up where it is in small areas. I backed off the force as much as I could but it is still kinda ripping it up in the fine corners. Do you think I would need a new blade the one I have is not very old. Thanks for any suggestions,,,Paul

tomence

Hello, I have been trying to cut some script font on my gx24 roland and it is tearing the vinyl up where it is in small areas. I backed off the force as much as I could but it is still kinda ripping it up in the fine corners. Do you think I would need a new blade the one I have is not very old. Thanks for any suggestions,,,Paul

You need a different cutter, not a new blade. For script fonts and smaller size things Graphtec is the best.

round man

you might want to check and see if there is any small shreds of vinyl stuck to the blade holder that keep the blade from spinning/swiveling,...I would also check the cutting strip on the plotter beneath the blade,...if it is small copy you'll need to slow it down also,...

OldPaint

HOW SMALL? and where did you get the font? and are you sure it is only CUTTING 1 TIME?
if your trying to cut a script font where the lower case is 1/2" or less, i dont care what cutter you got.....it aint gona do it well.
if its some "junk" font, not from a font foundry or MADE FOR CUTTING so to speak, they way the plotter cuts outside/inside lines wont be done properly.
say you have a lower case g. if the font is designed to be cut inside(smallest)1st, then the outside, these will not tear up. reverse this to cutting the outside line...........then trying to cut the small part, now the outside is loose, will tear instead of cut.

S'N'S

Can be a number of things,
1. Broken/blunt blade.
2. Blade sticking out to far.
3. Cutting strip chopped up.
4. Too much downforce.
5. Offset incorrectly set.
also slow your cutting speed down when cutting small stuff and you can use a sharper angle blade(pointier) also helps, I've cut some very, very small stuff with my GX24.

shuv76

1. Broken/blunt blade.
4. Too much downforce.
also slow your cutting speed down when cutting small stuff and you can use a sharper angle blade(pointier) also helps, I've cut some very, very small stuff with my GX24.

I am not sure about the offset not set right. Could you explain about this?
I have cut very small things in the past with this cutter & it did a good job.
Thanks Paul

shuv76

1. Broken/blunt blade.
4. Too much downforce.

I went down on the force as much as I could and recuced the speed and adjusted the blade & it cut the font with no problem.
Thnaks for helping me on this one. Paul