• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gx-24 help

Darklight

Trying to get my initial instal complete for my new gx-24. The cutter cuts a beautiful test on the first try, the software loaded quickly.....then BAM! When I try to send the test job to the cutter as outlined in the manual, NOTHING! IT seems to spool off into eternity. I have a brand new computer as well, so is this a VISTA issue? Any one have any advice on how to resolve this? I dont like Vista, but needed a new computer. HAs anyone been through this set up that can help? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!

imaSIGNr

Sounds like you have your cutter set for short pieces of vinyl and it's searching for the end of the piece. You need to change settings on you cut /plot page.

Darklight

Thanks for the reply! Ill try that and see. Probably some dumb noob thing Im doing. Not used to Vista, so the installs are a little more confusing, not sure if my set up is right or not. Thanks for the input.

Darklight

Turns out to be a Vista issue....the Roland rocks. Hmmmm....maybe they could buy Microsoft????? Nah, guess not.... Thx for the help!

03mach1

I had the same problem with XP, I had to unplug it from the computer, power down, reboot the computer, plug it back in and it finally recognized it and it cuts now! :)

Darklight

Thanks 03mach1,

Initially a small problem, but seems to be over now. Its a great little machine isnt it? Thanks again.

03mach1

I just hooked it up last night and did a few test cuts with lettering....seems to work really well so far.
Do you know what the tip pressure you are using? I think mine is 60-70grams?

OldPaint

you want to cut the vinyl ONLY....not the backin paper.
all machines are different. you have to play with it to get it "just right". 60-70 is good start point. depending on your blade 45 or 60....you need to adjust for this to.
45 will use more downforce the a 60. as the blade wears you will need to increase downforce......i never go over 150 wih a blade for intermediate vinyl. HP vinly cuts with less down force.

03mach1

Thanks, wasn't sure how much force to go on it and not ruin it. The letters sometimes stick to the waste material, that is why I figured it needed a bit more downforce...will experiment.

03mach1

Gx-24

A couple of quirky things have happened. The cutter sometimes will cut a very small sample from my print job? It is like Postage stamp size? Even if the image/letters are much bigger?

Maybe when the computer goes to sleep, it looses it's setup from the printer ? The computer sits idle sometimes and then goes to sleep, then when I go to cut, it makes it really, really, small.

SO, I re-input the Vinyl Size info from the printer (Cutting Setup, Properties, get from printer) now every time before I go to cut, just in case? Seems to work. :)

thetintguys

If you are going to cut anything over 30 inches make sure you turn off high resolution in the printer setting...will save you some time in reading to find a solution

Chris