• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX 24 recutting

curtrnev

:help:When I cut from Corel X3 I select all text convert to curves and add a hairline outline. Then select print preview get everything setup as needed and hit print. All turns out well it is just that cutter recuts all lines it does not actually cut 2 sets of letters it just goes back over what it has already cut. Everything turns out well it just seems that this wastes a lot of time. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Curtis

woolly

hi
no need to convert to curves just add a hairline.
are you sure there are not 2 graphics on top of one another.
years ago one of the roland drivers did do that on xp, check with rolands site you have the latest driver.

woolly

curtrnev

Thanks Wooly for the tips I will check on that driver from Roland and not changing to curves will save a step.Some friends of ours just moved to Ascot,Berkshire.

Curtis

woolly

moving to one of the most expensive parts of the UK, gives there $ a hammering.

i have been racking my brain and seem to remember that the cure was to,
remove the driver completely and reinstall. but have not heard of it for a long time.

woolly

curtrnev

I have printed the readme file from the driver instructions and it talks about double cuting but I think that is going to be for another day.And yes they have talked about how expesive things are there.I guess not all of the U.K. is like that?

Curtis

Goatboy

Id check for a setting that converts outlines to objects...since you already have a shape adding an outline might be where your dup is coming from...can you cut just a filled object with no outline?

Shovelhead

Id check for a setting that converts outlines to objects...since you already have a shape adding an outline might be where your dup is coming from...can you cut just a filled object with no outline?

If you convert outline to object it will double your cut lines.
I'd like to know why adding an out line is necessary.

curtrnev

Thinks for the help, the clue was in the readme file for the Roland drivers.I added the outline to the text and then deleted the fill.All worked well after that, I tested this on the flames for my sons pinewood derby car.

Thanks
Curtis