• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX-24 Roll Material Feature Problem

wildhock

Hey Guys,

When I use my GX-24 with a piece of material, everything works great. When I put in a roll and select roll and then go to print, the machine rolls the material to any random spot and then starts cutting. Is there something I am missing to get it to start cutting at the edge of the roll?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jon

OldPaint

what os?
what cut program?
how you connected to plotter?
and do you have cut driver set up right?
do you have page setup to corespond with driver page?

wildhock

Operating System XP
Cutting out of Illustrator CS with plug-in
Directly connected to Plotter
Not Sure
Not Sure

Also, it is working great with a piece of material...just not with a roll.

Thanks,

Jon

what os?
what cut program?
how you connected to plotter?
and do you have cut driver set up right?
do you have page setup to corespond with driver page?

chorca

I'm using the same setup and it's been working great.

Try setting the Origin on the unit after you load the roll (press Origin for more than 1 sec).
Are you using CutStudio and Illustrator? The plugin exports the paths to CutStudio.

When in CutStudio, go to File -> Cutting Setup and then click Properties, then click the Get From Machine button for the material size, it should resize the work area in CutStudio to the actual size of the material loaded in the machine.

Use the Move button with your image selected in the work area to move the image down to the origin point. If it's not set against the origin, the plotter will just start cutting wherever it is on the page, if that happens to be an inch up or a foot up.

Taurusndixie

I use Edge selection. This cuts everytime at the edge of the material.
Roll function rolls vinyl out and it is anyones guess where it will cut.
It is probably a software setting I am overlooking, but as I don't have a
need for using the roll selection, I haven't investigated it anymore.

Good Luck