• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX-24 wont load material correctly

jfk252

My gx-24 wont load properly, with vinyl in the machine and it gives the prompt for 'roll', piece, or edge' when pressing 'enter' to any of these options, it will give a 'W' of 2mm or say 'bad position'. Disconnected power and restarted machine, but no change. Any one know why this is happening?

stoliker

We have had ours for about four years and a month ago it started doing the same thing. Still haven't figured it out. For 24" vinyl it is fine but anything smaller is an issue.

jfk252

gx-24

Pinch rollers are underneath the marked white areas, it will give a 'w' of 2mm, then maybe 4mm, then 7mm them maybe 'bad position'

OldPaint

older machine???? well used??? there is a cable strip on the top of the machine. remove the top cover, this cable moves with the cutting head......check it for any abrasions.......new one is under $50.

jfk252

GX notw

Thanks for replies, after 5 hours tit just started working correctly again!, whether it will stay working is another question.