• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX-24 wont load material

jfk252

My GX-24 wont load vinyl, with vinyl loaded, and turning the machine on, the head scans across and bangs into far side of machine, and reads motor error. Any ideas anyone!

OldPaint

QUESTIONS.........
older machine? or new?
was it working ok......then just started this........
did you move it, drop it....
changed computers.......
have drive installed properly.....
what OS? HOW ARE YOU CONNECTED TO COMPUTER?
what program are you working to plotter from?

jfk252

GX not working

Bought the machine new in 2008, was working ok, two weeks ago it wouldn.t load correctly, i kept turning it on and off, it eventually worked ok again, i did move it about 2 months ago from a place it had been since being bought, never dropped it, using the same computer for 6 years, I use Corel draw then export files to Cut Studio, am using Windows Vista on computer.

OldPaint

why are you using CUT-STUDIO, when you can cut right from COREL DRAW???
its an older machine.........2008. depending on how far you moved it, the amount of use it had.....i would remove the top cover.............in there you will see a white cable stripe. make sure its fully connected on both ends, no abrasions on the cable........this cable is connected to the moveable cutter head......and the cutter base. make sue you have the pinch rollers on the grit roller.......when you try to engage the machine........