• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX-24 wont power up???????

TommyTees

I have had my gx-24 for about 6 months now. I have just recently started using it alot. In the last couple of days, when i press the power button to power up, it does nothing. I can't get it to work or turn at all. Has anyone had any problems with thiers? Or maybe I am doing something wrong.

Please help

rcook99

Is it plugged into a GFCI plug that may have tripped and need to be reset! Also make sure the cord did not pull away from the machine. Good Luck

signage

As said above make sure outlet has power to it, next look to see if your particular plotter has a fuse or circuit breaker and check it.

Pro Image

If you bought it new and its only 6 months old I would have someone look at it under the warrenty............

GARY CULY

my friend had this problem not long ago ...after all the other "checks" i asked him if he could get behind the switch and check continuity with a test light ....sure nuf the switch itself crapped out ...simple fix that may go unoticed ..dont take a minute to check and may be the culprit''if you cant do it yourself ..ask one of your automotive head friends ..most all auto heads know the importance of being able to use test lights for electrical problems ......proper switch grounding is a failure of many problems ,specially when ground is runnig through coated materials [ powder coat,paint ,anodize,etc. ]

TommyTees

I took the gx-24 back to Roland and had it repaired. The repair took a day. They said there was a recall on the control panel. Roland also updated the firmware and serviced the machine, and installed a new cut strip. They were quick and thourough. I'm glad I bought Roland for the customer service. The machine is still under warranty so the repair cost nothing.