• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX-300 Camm-1 Pro Family Optical Reg

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Posted this one a while back and no one seemed to have an answer for it or seemed to have the same problem...

It seems as though I bought a machine that was misrepresented. The Roland Camm-1 Pro Family has 4 point Optical Registration. When using the Cut Studio software or the plugin for Illustrator that comes with it you are restricted to 36" with optical registration. It will not search for crop marks beyond that.

It will allow you to print crop marks 63" long but you have to set the origin point and manually align the crop marks (not accurate). I used it for T-shirts and smaller decals, worked perfect.. Now I'm trying to cut larger graphics and I have to do it with a stencil knife!

A buddy of mine told me when OPUS came around with the Summa he had the same problem. They have since upgraded their software / firmware to allow the machine to read up to 124 reg marks. He is cutting panels 12' long on the dime.

Has anyone else experienced this with the Roland? Any feedback is appreciated... I don't understand why they would restrict the machine to 63".. What is everyone having the most success with? SUMMA? Graphtec?

If a resolution can not be found, I hope to help others with this information looking for a print cut workflow.

woolly

hi
on the print and cut machines the not found limit i think is 16 ft. but gives you the option to carry on, i am surprised that this is only 3ft.

i will ask what the key is.

woolly

Mainframe

It is my understanding that Versaworks supports your machine, maybe it would let you hve a longer cut path, but how you acquire the program I am not sure, I would contact Roland or a reseller

woolly

hi
on the print and cut machines the not found limit i think is 16 ft. but gives you the option to carry on, i am surprised that this is only 3ft.

i will ask what the key is.

woolly

on the soljet family the key to press when it stops looking due to a unexpected long feed length and to get it to carry on searching is the 'pause' key, it may work on the cm.

thanks to guys down under for that one

woolly