Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GX-640 only reading 3 dots...

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Tim Aucoin, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Wondering if anyone else is running the L25500 (or L26500) and cutting with a GX-640? From day 1, when I do a print and cut job, the L25500 (using Onyx Postershop V11) prints FOUR registration dots, but when I go to cut out, the Roland GX-640 only reads 3 of them!! :omg: It's not a huge deal, as for the most part, it cuts in good register. The odd time when I have a hundred or more SMALL decals on the sheet, the registration will drift over a 60" length when cutting. I just keep it half that length in those rare cases.

I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this. I have always assumed it should read all 4 dots, but have never been able to detect what it (or me) is doing wrong! :rolleyes:

Happy Spring everyone! :smile:

Tags:
  2. graphicwarning

graphicwarning Member

Aug 30, 2012
    NB, Canada
    Thats odd... I have a GX-300 and it always reads all 4 crop marks. I am however using versaworks to rip/cut... not sure if that makes a difference.

3. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Yeah, I have a little BN-20 here and it reads all 4 dots... It's a mystery to me!!

4. chuckh

chuckh Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Maine
    I've been looking at the BN-20
    How do you like it?