• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX-640 owner/users inside please

Gene@mpls

I am considering this plotter to free up cutting time on my VP540 this
summer and (hopefully) get way better cuts on air release type vinyl.
Seems we need to cut more printed lettering to match the colors of printed
logos- and the VP540 is not a good cutter for this purpose. It is a real
large piece (7' long) and I am wondering how the front load feature works
in real life as I am limited on room. Thanks Gene

Any other comments welcome as well. Thanks

Jack Knight1979

I have the GX 500, which is the 54" cutter. Max cutting width is 47.6" wide.
The registration and cutting on my machine is amazing. I love it.

I front load small cutting runs on my machine all the time. The machine is still setup for rear loading. I have the machine against the wall and load sheets through the front. Works great. You just have to feed the sheet to the front edge. No biggie.

On roll jobs, I move the cutter out and load from the rear. That way the cuts feed forward. Great cutter. I love having a dedicated printer and cutter.

CS-SignSupply

Another feature you will like is the EXTEND feature... this allows you to set the actual cut area up to 2 inches outside of the outermost pinch rollers. No need to set the pinch rollers so close to the edge of the media. You can also add up to 6 pinch roller assemblies if needed. Gets expensive and is usually used for cutting sandblast or similar materials.

I have an appointment to install a GX-640 later this month for another S101 member so maybe you can get some insight from him as well.

702 graphics

I'm am quoted on the Roland website about this cutter. We print off two XC-540's. This cutter is great. It helped my shop increase production a ton. The only down side is it does not have a network connection. It is easly fixed with a USB print server you can buy at frys.

Gene@mpls

Thanks to all. Still wrestling with this in my mind- have till spring to get
something set up. May be the GX-500 if I can get past a 54" cutter only
cutting 47.x width- the seven foot length of the 640 will be hard to find
a spot for. Gene