• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gym Signs

lkt1954

At the present we have been doing banners of varsity players for each sport to hang in the gym during their season and then switching out for the next sport.
The school is wanting something different, as the banners have been taped up and the school has to touch up the walls every year from this.

The school would like a substrate that could slide in a permanent mounted track, thus just sliding these prints in and out as sports change.

We would do a digital print, mount (with a laminator) it to the substrate then they could put them up. I looked at Grimco's 3A-Fome-Cor with Ecore and Ultra Board Mount as a substrate for this. I like the3A-Fome-Cor with Ecore as it comes in the size we do the banners in. The Ultra Board Mount I would have to cut to size. The 3A-Fome-Coe with Ecore has a good price point $ 4.50 for a 24" x 36" sheet. Both are 3/16" thick

Are these a good product for these jobs or is there something better? Also I would need to find them the tracks to for these to slide in.
We get $ 45.00 for the 24" x 36" banners currently being done and I need to stay close to that price point

I would appreciate any advise here. Thanks

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Check what kind of pricing you can get on 3mil pvc. If you go 4x8 you can gang and mount 5 on a sheet at one time. PVC is easy to cut smooth and clean. Won't curl or bow with moisture and hanging inside, the sun is not going to bother it. Mirror frame extrusions would work nice for that 2x3 size. mount 2 sides and bottom to the wall and screw the top into the frame so there are just 2 screws to remove for change out of the panels.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
A high school I do these for, I use either polyair from S365, or pvc or coro. To hold them in place, there are two of the top sections of reader board tracks for the rails.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Check what kind of pricing you can get on 3mil pvc. If you go 4x8 you can gang and mount 5 on a sheet at one time. PVC is easy to cut smooth and clean. Won't curl or bow with moisture and hanging inside, the sun is not going to bother it. Mirror frame extrusions would work nice for that 2x3 size. mount 2 sides and bottom to the wall and screw the top into the frame so there are just 2 screws to remove for change out of the panels.
J molding

Stacey K

I like making signs
Oh this is a good thread! My high school also asked me to do something different for this year vs. banners.

unclebun

If you're doing just 2'x3', have them buy poster frames and just print paper posters to put in them. We do posters for a church that go in snap frames, and for hotel elevators that are drop-in frames. The frames are relatively pricey, but the posters are cheap. We get the frames from Testrite in New Jersey.

BigNate

Ha! it would be really bad to receive a 3 mil thick sign when you think you are getting a 3 mm thick sign! (3 mil = 0.0762 mm)