• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

H.S. Art Teacher

rimm

Hello everyone, Just a few notes about myself. I've been a high school art teacher for nearly forty years. I teach stain glass and jewelry making which students really enjoy. I'm hoping to learn more about vinyl plotters and looking forward to acquiring one that will work in our glass program to help our advanced students with small designs on jewelry, glass pendants, and much more. Looking forward to educating myself and my students with all the information and knowledge available on your web site. Thank you very much, richard

Jillbeans

Welcome.
I still use advice from my two high school art teachers every day.
And I graduated in 1980.
I learned more from then that at art school.
Love....Jill

k.a.s.

Welcome from Ohio.

My mom was an art teacher. Thats how we got in the sign business she started hand painting signs.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

One of the first sign painters I apprenticed under was James Dean's HS art teacher. One of my best friends is a recently retired HS art teacher - he always talked about how good his students were in jewelry making. Welcome to the most informative sign site online.

GypsyGraphics

Welcome rimm...

It just so happens my sister is very involved in jewelry making. Last year after I bought a Graphtec 5000 cutter, she was looking at a plotter/cutter more geared towards scrapbooking. To me, it seemed like a toy version of the smallest Graphtec, Craft Robo. Not only was it very limited but it waste of money when you could buy a real cutter for the same amount.

She did finally buy the Graphtec Craft Robo and she loves it! I think it's just a scaled down, table-top version of the 5000.

I just went to the Graphtec site and was surprised to see the price listed at $995! I'm certain she only paid $250! I'll find out where she bought it if you'd like.

This could be a really good choice for a classroom setting and for the small scale items you'd need it for.

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/ce5000-40.html