• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

H1625 FLATBED - WON'T PRINT - NO ERRORS

Cory Marcin

We had a small head crash on coroplast. Did not effect the heads, just tripped the media guard.
Now it won't print at all. It won't even do a test print. It purges fine. All heads are pushing ink. No errors on any of the boards. Everything else functions properly except it won't actually print ink!
Any thoughts? It seems like it would be a communication error, so maybe the encoder strip?
Has anyone had a similar problem?
Thanks in advance for any insight.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Not trying to be a smartass by asking this because you seem very knowledgeable... Have you cycled the power on the printer and the rip computer?

Cory Marcin

Yes. Several times. Actually just shut the entire system down for an hour. Powered back up, and having the same issue.

flyplainsdrifta

another dumb question, i do not know anything about this printer, but could the headstrike have possibly damaged the crash guard, making it think its still crashed? if this is stupid, sorry for asking.

Cory Marcin

Thanks for the feedback. I thought the same thing. I inspected the guard. It doesn't seem damaged. If it was still communicating a crash to the controller, I don't think it would allow the printer to function at all. I can send a file to print. Curing lamps are coming on and everything. Just no ink.

Cory Marcin

FIXED! The voltages and waveforms were all deactivated! I spoke to a tech and he's never seen anything like it. I was reminded to always take screen shots of your current parameters so that you can always go back and reset them if bugs like this occur.

Thanks for the feedback and help!

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
FIXED! The voltages and waveforms were all deactivated! I spoke to a tech and he's never seen anything like it. I was reminded to always take screen shots of your current parameters so that you can always go back and reset them if bugs like this occur.

Thanks for the feedback and help!
Glad you got back up and going!

Cory Marcin

All parameters. Voltages/Waveforms. Page Settings. Board Check. System, and Offset.
I take screen shots and save them in a shared folder for reference.