• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

H700 rookie needs help (voltage/wave/set)

artbot

i'm clicking around in my parameters and see that heads can be "disabled" (great news for a guy that hacks printers).

i must have clicked the wrong button and now my voltages are the same but a "change config state' set of boxes is checked/unchecked and my "wave" is all at "0" causing my test print to be way off.

attached are

voltage waveform.jpg (screen cap of my current parameter)
manual waveform page.jpg (screen cap of the owners manual discussing. doesn't make a lot of sense to me)
manual waveform page 2.jpg (second owners manual page)
config comparision.jpg (looking at my configs, i found a old version from 2009 on the left. my current config on right showing these changes)

please someone explain how this window functions so that i can get to work. i've disabled my printer on a very important day of running samples for a meeting tomorrow. arrgh!

Attachments

• voltage waveform.JPG
    voltage waveform.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 104
  • manual waveform page 2.jpg
    manual waveform page 2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 141
  • manual waveform page.JPG
    manual waveform page.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 75
  • config comparison.JPG
    config comparison.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 71

artbot

CHAPTER II

i looked at each head and they have the AL# scribed on the side facing the operator. in my earlier screw up, i believe i accidentally set all the heads to AL1 and hit "Set".

so i entered each AL# (AL5's, and AL6's) for each channel hitting "set" each time and hit "write" when done. restarted the rip station, and restarted the printer. NO CHANGE. the test print is very scattered.

in the old config file i see 16s and 17s for the wave index, in the manual i see 30s. in my index i'm getting 4s and 5s? also i'm still seeing the CFG State (i believe this stands for "change config state") unchecked
boxes.

i very nervous that i've really messed things up, maybe even damaged heads? i have no experience with this machine so who knows. if any of this is slightly familiar or there is an H series operator/tech please
take a look at this to get me back on track and off a handful of meds.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• after AL setting.JPG
    after AL setting.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 87

artbot

tried another test pattern and now this.

see attachments.

Attachments

• voltage channel failed.jpg
    voltage channel failed.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 118
  • card data failed.jpg
    card data failed.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 128

artbot

bumping/update

well it did a test print (bad) again. no scary error windows.

the only thing i noticed is in my manual it instructs to hit "apply" before "ok" and closing/restarting. i don't have an "apply" in my window. is that an issue?

___

i'm really dead i the water right now. if anyone even knows of a contact that might be familiar with this printer/voltage window, please send that along. i've got my whole spring season cash flow riding on a set of samples that have to come from this machine (proprietary stuff). i'm actually going to the meeting this afternoon, without those samples in hand. so it's a stressful situation.

BANNERS2GO

Re: need H700 help

check the all heads, sericol uv, al5, set, write and wait. restart program and test.

Attachments

• ScreenShot008.jpg
    ScreenShot008.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 137
H700 Manual

In trying to find a tech for our printer we came across a service manual for the H700 - Anyone in need of such a beast? Anyone know of independent service reps for wide format UV printers?