• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hack your WIFI

rcook99

Shovel, Are you hired by the Gov. to try to hack into and learn all you can about how to tweak your electrical products to the MAX.:Big Laugh

Last night you had me switching to FIREFOX today you have me taking apart my router, going to McDonalds to steal a straw, going to my neighbors house to cut a piece of wire from one of his outlets, and all this just so I can F$%# up my router and have to go back out to Wal-Mart to buy a new router once I get the old one into a thousand pieces.:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh

John M

Yep, all antennas are "just" lengths of wire. It's knowing the right length to make it for the frequency you're working with that's the trick. The video uses a known-good template so it's easy duplication after that.

When I was a kid I always tried custom antennas for my walkie-talkies. You learn quickly that longer doesn't automatically mean better reception, and quarter/half/full wavelength is demonstrated firsthand.

Thanks for reminding me though - I'm gonna grab some of those range extender antennas to have in stock.

GK

Ever see the video where they took the old cd-rom laser out and put it into a laser pointer? . . .burning holes in things lol

cOrKinSA

Have you heard of the Pringles antenna? A buddy of mine told me the important thing to remember when making one is to keep it away from you?
Yep, all antennas are "just" lengths of wire. It's knowing the right length to make it for the frequency you're working with that's the trick. The video uses a known-good template so it's easy duplication after that.

When I was a kid I always tried custom antennas for my walkie-talkies. You learn quickly that longer doesn't automatically mean better reception, and quarter/half/full wavelength is demonstrated firsthand.

Thanks for reminding me though - I'm gonna grab some of those range extender antennas to have in stock.