• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hacking the DC4

garisimo

Hi all,

I am curious to see what used modifications are out there, and the possibilities that exist, both on a hardware and software front. Personally, I would love to make a support arm to hold the DC4sx's hood open, but haven't gotten to it yet. Also, does anyone have an old text file from Summa that updates the printer color list file? I would love to futz with one and see if I can get it to recognize some of my named colors. Cheers!

Garisimo

jayhawksigns

How are you wanting to keep the hood open? Trying to understand the reasoning for it.

Personally, I have been wanting to slap some of our out of service leds inside our DC4sx so that its easier to monitor the print while its running. I've bypassed the door sensor so that I can open it whenever I like, but its safer keeping it closed.

artbot

definitely load your cutter with leds. i've got my mimaki's hull fully lit up. seems like it should be standard on all printing equipment.

shado

The hood and tinted windows on Summa printer-cutters are designed to keep the UV light conditions inside the machine ideal for alignment and calibration purposes

ddarlak

Go Bills!
The hood and tinted windows on Summa printer-cutters are designed to keep the UV light conditions inside the machine ideal for alignment and calibration purposes

awesome first post and username....welcome

back to the thread, i've been meaning to put led's in my printer hood for about 8 years now, it keeps falling down the list of to-do's...

jayhawksigns

I understand reasoning behind the hood and all, but without messing with PrinterControl it was a pain to check on a job as it was printing. Adding some lights that you can turn on as needed would be a big plus. Before I fixed the hood sensor I would be peeking in with a flashlight.