• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hahahahahahahahahaha....................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
..........................and it ain't about OP.

Just had to share this one.

Quoted a lady yesterday for a banner. 36" x 120" 1-sided 14-oz. with logo, copy and some other grand opening information. Told her $255, since we're already doing some channel letters and other signs for her. She laughed and then said, I'm looking on line as we speak and I can get the same banner for under $30 plus shipping. I told her... go for it. She wasn't mad at my price, but thought $245 was way too much. Then she asked if I could put the banner up when it comes in ?? Perhaps, if we're not too busy and booked up, but the installation isn't gonna be cheap, just because she found a cheap banner. Maybe your husband could put it up for you over the weekend.

Guess it never ends........... :ROFLMAO:

J

john1

lol I love it when people pull the "well i can get it for cheaper online". It's almost NEVER exactly what you are quoting but all they see is banner and a cheap price and think your the bad guy for "pricing high"

OlsonSigns601

I give them a free banner with a purchase of Channel Lettering that generally says "Opening Soon" or to serve as a temporary sign until we get the Channel Lettering Fabricated.

But that is just me.

fmg

I always say where exactly is this ONLINE place you refer to? And what exactly are you getting from them?.....Huge pause!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Gino; said:
...with logo, copy and some other grand opening information.

Tell her the extra cost is due to the printing on the other side: "Going out of Business Clearance Sale".

JB

Craig Sjoquist

Glad for these online sellers .. & lost a great deal the customers.

But now I do not have them trying say what they will pay anymore either or whatever.

Sold a window splash for twice amount ..that a digital sign shop is doing a permanent on a long awning for lol lol same store

SD&F

I do banners occasionally for a Theater that is just north of us. Since they always have issues keeping it open I give them a better price than full retail. I was told that they could get it cheaper online(I was doing them a favor). They did and they came back here last month and ordered two more. I went up and looked at what they purchased online-thewind had blown holes and rips in it. They are good people, but people need to be educated in what they are buying.

Marlene

when her cheap piece of crap tears and rips with a slight breeze, she'll wish she bought something right for the job. if you install it, she will most likely blame you

Gino

Premium Subscriber
when her cheap piece of crap tears and rips with a slight breeze, she'll wish she bought something right for the job. if you install it, she will most likely blame you

That's why I indicated a time problem and suggested her hubby do it. I ain't gonna put up someone else's shoddy work and get blamed for their shortcomings.......... :rock-n-roll:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Nice, $30 for a completed banner? even my wholesale printer doesn't get that low. Geez, looking over my banner blank supplier ... I'm looking at $25 just for the blank ... Find out who this is .... they might have gotten a new customer.

threads1

I have a company advertising on the local Craig's List selling banners for $1.58 a square foot. Why be in business?

Marlene

yesterday, a man called for the price of vinyl letters. I told him .80 each for the size he wanted. he then said "I hate to ask this but do you know anyone who sells vinyl letters" and I said yes, we do. what a stupid thing to ask. I gave him our price and he wanted me to direct him to someone cheaper...I just love the ba!!$ some people have

J

john1

yesterday, a man called for the price of vinyl letters. I told him .80 each for the size he wanted. he then said "I hate to ask this but do you know anyone who sells vinyl letters" and I said yes, we do. what a stupid thing to ask. I gave him our price and he wanted me to direct him to someone cheaper...I just love the ba!!$ some people have

You sell by the letter?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You sell by the letter?

That's a very common and old way of doing it.... and it really protects the seller in the long run.

We tried it and it became too cumbersome as the computer age grew, so we just shoot from the hip, now. :wink:

J

john1

That's a very common and old way of doing it.... and it really protects the seller in the long run.

We tried it and it became too cumbersome as the computer age grew, so we just shoot from the hip, now. :wink:

Yeah i thought that was how old shops did it back in the day.

FS-Keith

8.50sqft is rather high especially if you are doing a set of letters for her. We usually give them a banner with a large order. I would love to see what a 30$ banner looks like though!