• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Half of head receiving wrong color ink

pabacker66

I am running an xc540 and 1 of the 2 ink lines running into my yellow print head is carrying black ink. In my test prints, 1 of the 2 columns that should be yellow is black. Any ideas?

pabacker66

this is what I'm looking at

Attachments

• photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 101
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 91

Robert M

Yellow and black

Did this happen after you changed the caps? That printer has six heads and six caps so there shouldn't be contact between the two heads. Is your pump ok? Pour some cleaning fluid in the caps and make sure they drain. Maybe there is a block in a drain line and black ink is backing up into the yellow cap. You running OEM cartridges? Could the cartridge be marked wrong? strange

pabacker66

finally heard back from my tech. I detached the damper from the printhead and purged the line with a syringe, replaced that ink cartridge, then refilled the damper with the new ink. fixed me right up.